Rules and Regulations
· All players must have a completed waiver form submitted prior to the start of the game.
· All players are advised to arrive at least 5 minutes prior to top off
· All players must be suited with BOTH M&R Basketball team shorts and team jersey. If a player chooses to wear an under shirt it must match the dominant colour of their jersey, with no logos showing.
· All player’s personal belongings must be in the change room until the game has completed.
· 5 personal fouls or 2 technical fouls will result in your disqualification from the game.
· Only team players can sit on team bench (far wall sides). Benches will be decided prior to start of the game (coin toss).
· A player must stand at the scores table and be waived in by referee in order to check into the game.
· Captains are responsible for ensuring all players play a minimum of 20 minutes.
· There is no mercy rule.
· Teams must have a minimum of 5 players suited and ready 1 minute prior to tip off. If a team is unable to then said team forfeits and must pay a monetary penalty before next scheduled game.
· Teams have 4 timeouts (2 x 1 minute, 2 x 30 seconds) that can be used at any time while their team has possession.
· There are 2 x 22 minute halves with no stop time. Including a 3 minute half time. Time will stop within the last 2 minutes of the second half if the score is within 10 points and for time outs.
· If the score is tied by the end of regulation a 5 minute overtime will be granted. If no decisive winner has been decided then we will have another 5 minute 2 OT.
· Please be respectful during event to both opponents and teammates. Play may be suspended if regulations are not met.
***** Absolutely no jewelry is to be worn during games. No durags or hats are prohibited (unless religious purposes)
Walk on Process
· Teams are only eligible for a walk on if they have 6 or less players
· Captains must have approval from team to have participant (majority rule)
· Walk on must pay fee prior to beginning of game in order to receive the rental jersey/ shorts
· All walk on players are advised to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to tip off
· After game has completed full name must be given to staff for statistical purposes
· Walk on player must return jersey and shorts prior to leaving event